1. I can well imagine that in 2016 the oil price will bounce back from its current sub $40 level. The Saudis may try to cut production, there could be more conflict in Iraq, terrorists could attack some of the prize targets such as the oil terminals at Ras Tanura and Abqaiq. Anything is possible, something is likely. But the question is how far the bounce will go.
2. Nine out of the top 10 have all worked with Victoria's Secret in some capacity, with curve model Ashley being the only exception.
3. “…said he never lets people see him sweat — but he was sweating profusely.”
4. Technology and telecoms are on the up as are some fast food companies, including Starbucks, which BrandZ puts in this category, and McDonald's, whose brand value is risen by nine per cent even though its ranking is unchanged.
6. Kendall Jenner has knocked Gisele off the top spot as the world's highest paid model for the first time in 15 years.
2. Two colors! It may not sound revolutionary, but everything is relative. And know this: It’s not about indecision, but social progress. That’s Pantone’s position, anyway.
3. Regulators clamped down on outbound deals following an unprecedented flood of offshore acquisitions in 2016 that drained China’s foreign exchange reserves. In August this year, China’s cabinet formalised a new framework that encourages deals that fit Beijing’s strategic priorities and discourages deals in entertainment, sports and luxury real estate
4. Yang Yansui, director of the School of Public Policy And Management at Tsinghua University, said the four-trillion-pension balance was mostly in personal accounts, while the pay-as-you-go pension system was greatly challenged by dependency ratio.
5. Mr. Corso restructured Mr. Carell’s nose, giving it a hook. He also shaved his hairline back and gave him more of a forehead.
6. 4. HHhH
2. You'd love to know the balance of forces that shape and move your ponytail, right? That's why Joseph Keller, Raymond Goldstein, Patrick Warren and Robin Ball received this igNOMINIOUS prize!
3. One of the best James Bond theme songs wasn't actually played over the opening credits, so we're giving it our first honorable mention. This enormously romantic song from On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the few James Bond themes that helps tell the story of the film, in which our hero finally meets the love of his life. (Alas, it was short-lived.) Satchmo warbles his trademark warble, our hearts melt, and a classic is born.
4. but that was markedly lower than the previous month’s rise of 8.2 per cent.
5. As China gains ground, its best frenemy – the United States – account for the other half of the top 10 spots. Berkshire Hathaway and Wells Fargo WFC -both move up four spots to No.5 and No. 9, respectively.
1. Despite the huge production, the focus was on the 40 gorgeous models who walked the runway.
The EU is making clear it wants to use the void in US leadership on trade to nail down new trade agreements. The negotiations with the Mercosur trade bloc in Latin America have been going on in fits and starts for more than a decade. But the EU and key Mercosur members like Argentina are now pushing to conclude a deal by the end of this year. That would be a big statement planted right in the US’s backyard.