1. Effective bosses must be effective decision makers. He or she cannot vacillate over every tiny decision. Being able to make decisions quickly and decisively — and then take responsibility for the outcome (see number 2) — is an important business skill, especially when managing others。
3. n. 流通，循环，发行量，消息传播
4. We began the year worried that the US was poised to withdraw from the World Trade Organisation. That hasn’t happened. And it’s now unlikely to any time soon.
2. 萝丝王在中国长大，在那里学会了计算机编程。大学毕业后，她希望到美国工作。第二年，《中国学生保护法案》（Chinese Students Protection Act）获得通过，萝丝王获得了休斯敦大学的计算机科学硕士学位。2001年9月11日之前，她曾在多家硅谷初创公司（包括成立自己的公司iBizWomen.com）工作。911事件让她产生了创办Binary Group的想法。Binary Group是一家与联邦政府合作的科技咨询公司。过去16年间，这家公司帮助客户节省的资金不计其数——比如美军第20支援司令部（Army 20th Support Command）就在五年时间内共节省了6,000万美元卫星通信带宽开支。
3. adj. 精美的，微妙的，美
5. Will the Saudi Aramco public offering debut on an international market
6. We learned about fetal surgery’s potential to change lives.
5. In fact, academic research suggests that other economic and social transformations unfolding at the same time have led many people to anchor themselves more fully in their whiteness — even as whiteness itself has lost currency.
Everyone was hugely cheered that global greenhouse gas emissions were flat between 2014 and 2016, even though recorded global growth was OK. The trouble is that this wasn’t the improvement in global economic efficiency everyone celebrated, but just a slowdown in northern China. As this part of the world recovered its economic mojo in 2017, carbon dioxide levels began to rise again.
February 1985 was the last time global surface temperatures fell below the 20th-century average for a given month, meaning that no one younger than 30 has ever lived through a below-average month. The last full year that was colder than the 20th-century average was 1976.