1. Companies are always looking to save money, and outsourcing some roles to freelancers can help. Virtual assistants can perform many of the duties of full-time staffers, but with less commitment. These workers could help expand a business, or just encourage things to run more smoothly.
2. The seven large brick tombs were likelyconstructed for people of wealth, the researchers said.
3. Take the intriguing reintroduction of “unfeigned regards” — last big in the 18th century and now found on emails from Indian help centres. But the winning sign-off, at the bottom of a message sent one Friday, was: “weekend well”. I nearly awarded it second prize for the best noun pretending to be a verb, though at the last minute this award was snatched by a consultant overheard saying: “Can we cold towel that?”
4. The public prosecutor has decided to release several individuals and will proceed with the prosecution of at least five others.
5. The office predicts the number of football schools will increase to 20,000 this year and reach 50,000 by 2025.
6. “…was caught in a big lie on her resume during the meeting.”