1. The People’s Bank of China has long intervened in foreign-exchange markets to hedge against excessive volatility. Since August, however, such intervention has expanded from the domestic spot market, which covers daily transactions, to include the offshore renminbi market in Hong Kong, as well as both onshore and offshore futures markets, traders say.
3. The China International Robot Industry Summit, held on Tuesday in Shanghai, said the sales and growth rate of industrial robots hit records in 2017. Among industrial robots, 37,825 were domestically manufactured, up 29.8% year-on-year.
3. The Fifa World Cup is close by. Let me give you a few rules that will preserve your beauty.
4. The dumbest 'smart' objects of 2016
6. In the true-crime drama “Foxcatcher,” the actor Steve Carell, best known for comedy, loses himself behind a prosthetic facade in portraying the multimillionaire John E. du Pont. The standout in the makeup package is the beaklike nose he sports.
As the younger generation begins to frown on Bond’s chauvinistic attitudes and unhealthy lifestyle in the era of political correctness, Horowitz has introduced a cast of new characters who will point out the error of his ways.
But there's even more to be excited about: Magic Johnson is a well-connected and well-respected Hall of Famer who seems smart enough to delegate, new GM Rob Pelinka is a proven deal-maker with extensive ties throughout the league,