1. One of the most discouraging aspects of 2014 for professional investors has been the start-and-stop nature of the recovery. We coasted into January on a trend of strengthening economic reports. Within a few weeks, a nationwide snowstorm seemingly drove the economic data off the side of the road.
4. The workers, who were part of a crew building a football stadium, were taken in the mainly Shi'ite Habibiya district in northeastern Baghdad.
5. There exists no such thing as the people; this is an imaginary entity.
6. Americans are celebrating Columbus Day Monday.Columbus Day is a federal holiday observed on the second Monday in October, marking the anniversary of the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas. Columbus, an Italian explorer sailing under the Spanish flag, led four expeditions to the New World, but never accomplished his original goal -- to find a western ocean route to Asia. Instead, Columbus ushered in a new era in world history by opening up the Americas to exploration.
1. 美国的麻省理工斯隆管理学院(MIT Sloan School of Management)位居第五，从而阻止了法国商学院囊括前五名。
3. The biggest brands outperform financial markets, according to BrandZ, which says this illustrates their financial power and value to shareholders.
4. v. 降低，婉谢
5. 7. 由于政治争斗的存在，2014年-2016年的选举过程中注定会有频繁的波动
6. A study published in the journal "Clinical Psychological Science" in 2012 showcased the power of self-imagination, which showed the technique could help people with impaired memories, as well as individuals with no memory problems. As with other studies of human memory, the scientists asked participants to remember a list of words related to certain personality traits. The participants were then asked to use a specific strategy to help them recall the words. For example, some participants were asked to remember one personality trait by thinking of a second word that rhymed with the trait. Other participants were asked to remember the definition of the trait while others were asked to engage in "self-referential processing" where they would think about the trait in a personal, self-reflective way.
1. Paris is in third place with 18.03 million forecast visitors.
2. The American share in the total drugspending is about one third. IMS experts estimate that in 2014 it will rise11.7 percent. The UShas particularly high prices, according to the report, but drug makers defendthis by citing the soaring cost of new medicine development.
3. Wardrobe malfunctions was another common theme. Some hapless interviewees “showed up in sweatpants,” one “was wearing mismatched shoes,” and another “didn’t realize his zipper was down.”
5. Among the top 10, four of them -- Pony Ma, Jack Ma, Ding Lei (CEO of Chinese game developer NetEase Inc) and Lei Jun (founder of smartphone maker Xiaoxi) -- are from TMT (telecommunications, media and technology) sectors.
6. So what forces will shape the questions asked next year? It depends on who (and where) you are. While buyers should brace for another year of high-stakes bidding wars, residents of the city’s far-flung neighborhoods (I’m talking about you, Grand Concourse) should be ready for an onslaught of prospective residents seeking bargains — bargains, that is, relative to the gilded ZIP codes that are out of the reach of most mortals.
4. Last year, the Education Ministry issued a booklet warning Korean high school students of 'plastic surgery syndrome', citing Michael Jackson and a local woman whose addiction to plastic surgery left her with a grotesquely swollen face.
5. The Post
6. adj. 优雅的，精美的，俊美的
1. 不论是在那首一目了然的《IDGAF》（《我才不在乎呢》）中对情人的不屑一顾，还是在那首狂热的《Lost in Your Light》（《迷失在你的光芒中》）与米格尔热烈的音乐相和，她以些许艾蕾莎·贝丝·摩儿那种深沉的态度和些许希雅那种令人受不了的夸张，强烈地表达着自己的情感，但她也是一位比这两人都要热情的歌手。
2. With the release of his book Conscious Capitalism, Whole Foods (WFM, Fortune 500) CEO John Mackey got business leaders thinking about a compelling idea: Companies work best when they create value for all their stakeholders -- not just investors. According to Mackey, key stakeholders include customers, employees, suppliers, society, and the environment. Highlighting companies like Costco, Southwest Airlines (LUV,Fortune 500), and Google (GOOG, Fortune 500), Mackey demonstrates that thinking about more than just the bottom line builds stronger and more efficient businesses.