5. We've had the technology to artificially restore hearing for decades, but internal implants do nothing for the visible parts of the ear. You'd think those big flaps (“pinnae”) on either side of your head would be easy to replicate, since they're just skin and cartilage rather than complex organs. In reality, scientists have never done a good job with fake ears. Traditional replacements look and feel like plastic toys.
6. Temperatures in 2015 also shattered the previous record set in 2014 by 0.13C, according to Nasa.
2. Samsung’s comment was shorter: “Media reports of the acquisition are groundless.”
4. Floodwaters surround homes near the Mantoloking Bridge the morning after Sandy hit Mantoloking, New Jersey.
5. Politics also color perceptions of the weather, the survey found. More than three-quarters of Democrats and six in 10 independents believe that the weather has become more extreme over the last few years, while less than half of Republicans say they have perceived such a shift.
6. 除了北方高等商学院和巴黎高等商学院以外，高等经济商业学院(Essec Business School)、巴黎高等商业学院-欧洲管理学院(ESCP Europe)和商科联盟国际商学院(Skema Business School)分列第三、第四和第六位。
1. One such development is 60 Water Street in Dumbo, a 290-unit rental with a 24-hour concierge and a roof deck offering Manhattan views. Leasing begins next month, with rent for a two-bedroom starting at a jaw-dropping $6,018 a month. “People want that condo-like living, even though they’re renting and not owning,” said Jodi Ann Stasse, the managing director of new developments for Citi Habitats.
2. 7. 艾米-亚当斯 1350万美元
3. Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep in front of the camera, with Steven Spielberg directing a historic battle over press freedom - there's much for awards voters to admire.
4. Slice stems at a 45 degree angle.This leaves a larger exposed area so blossoms can absorb as much water as possible, and also allows stems to stand on point, s
6. "Investing in innovation is critical to raising long-term economic growth," said WIPO Director General Francis Gurry. "In this current economic climate, uncovering new sources of growth and leveraging the opportunities raised by global innovation are priorities for all stakeholders."
6. WOLF HALL (PBS, April 5) In the season’s most promising piece of casting, Damian Lewis (“Homeland”) will play Henry VIII and the two-time Tony Award winner Mark Rylance will play Thomas Cromwell in this “Masterpiece” adaptation of the popular Hilary Mantel historical novels.
1. Zhu Yongxin, a member of the CPPCC National Committee, full-time vice-chairman of the Central Committee of the China Association for Promoting Democracy and vice-president of the Chinese Society of Education, talking about an NPC deputy representing 670,000 electorates.
2. 6. How to play guitar
3. These are just some of the issues that will face New Yorkers next year. And then there’s the new drum set the neighbor’s son received for Christmas ...
After rising every year since 2008 global gold supply plateaued last year, according to the World Gold Council. In China, the world’s biggest producer, it fell by a record 9 per cent, the second time output has fallen in the country since 1980.
Congress will authorize billions more in stimulus that won't be called 'stimulus' and won't actually create jobs. And Congress will convene a bi-partisan deficit cutting commission that won't do much either. Until investors stop buying US Treasurys, why should Congress change its ways?