1. In comments reported by state news agency Xinhua on Thursday from a speech given at a meeting of regional leaders in Cambodia on Wednesday, Mr Li said the Chinese economy had performed above expectations in 2017 as trade reversed two years of declines.
3. The average monthly salaries for grads in law, engineering and medical majors are 5,545, 4,512 and 4,500 yuan respectively, slightly down from last year, while graduates with educational and agricultural majors are offered lower pay, at 3,258 and 3,184 yuan respectively.
4. With the release of his book Conscious Capitalism, Whole Foods (WFM, Fortune 500) CEO John Mackey got business leaders thinking about a compelling idea: Companies work best when they create value for all their stakeholders -- not just investors. According to Mackey, key stakeholders include customers, employees, suppliers, society, and the environment. Highlighting companies like Costco, Southwest Airlines (LUV,Fortune 500), and Google (GOOG, Fortune 500), Mackey demonstrates that thinking about more than just the bottom line builds stronger and more efficient businesses.
5. 纽约人向专栏提出的问题，不仅取决于他们的个人情况，还取决于当今的重大问题，比如住房成本上升、士绅化、豆腐渣工程。最终，2014年成为了一个一切都在增长的年份，增长的包括房价、租金，以及最重要的——楼盘数量。根据纽约房地产委员会(Real Estate Board of New York)的数据，10月批准建设的单元达到了16700套。
4. It's time to make New Year resolutions for traveling! Backpacker bible Lonely Planet has published its annual list of best value destinations in 2017 for people looking for wallet-friendly sightseeing experiences. Take a look.
5. Dachis says: The news just keeps getting worse for Mitsubishi. Low sales triggered a decision to pull out of the European market and if the levels of negative discussion are any indicator, 2013 doesn’t look to be any better.
6. This elegant, informative and borderline beautiful sentence is a reminder that despite the horrific nature of the entries below, clarity remains attainable.
1. ?There's generally booze wherever 007 goes and alcohol does lead to sex. Liking alcohol was the biggest indicator of who has sex on the first date.
2. Upon downloading WeChat, users are prompted to register either using their QQ accounts or their cell phone numbers. The application then helps users populate their contact lists using existing entries in their cell phone address books. To communicate, users can upload any photo or video on their device, take new ones, or press a button to save a voice message that is transferred almost instantaneously. Voice messages are played back with short beeps at the end to imitate the feeling of instant connection, similar to a two-way radio.
D'ALOISIO BEGAN designing iPhone apps nearly the moment the app store opened in 2008. He was 12 years old, working on a Mac in his bedroom in the London district of Wimbledon. Because he was too young, he signed up for the Apple developer's license using his father's name. He'd taken no formal computer science classes at school, and neither of his parents (Diana and Lou, a lawyer and a business executive, respectively) knew much about tech. Instead, he learned how to program almost entirely by himself, scouring websites and watching instructional videos.
It’s wall-to-wall pure pop heaven, crackling with originality and dark humor, teeming with action sequences so perfectly timed and executed you almost want to run out of the theater on the spot so you can call a friend and rave about it — but you wouldn’t dare leave your seat because you wouldn’t want to miss a frame of this brilliant, pulse-quickening gem.
HEC Paris is not ranked first in any of the individual criteria but registered a strong performance throughout. Its alumni have the fifth-highest salaries three years after graduation at $93,000 and the programme is ranked third for value for money and the international mobility of its alumni. The school also shares the highest score — 93 per cent — for aims achieved.