2. Last month scientists at Illinois University made a breakthrough that could herald a second green revolution for world agriculture – they improved the efficiency of photosynthesis, the process by which plants turn sunlight into the biomass that is the source of all our food.
4. Structural challenges in the market, which is dominated by large property developers, have generally acted as disincentives to large European and US asset managers.
6. A chain connects the umbrella to a collar or harness.
1. On Nov. 24 and 25, Sotheby’s auctioned the collection of the fourth-generation Munich dealer Konrad Bernheimer, who owns the historic London gallery Colnaghi. Mr. Bernheimer, 65, has decided to scale down his operations. He is closing his Munich gallery, selling his grand Bavarian home, Marquartstein Castle, and is merging Colnaghi with a fellow London dealer, Coll & Cortes.
6. But Huy Vo, a senior specialist in public relations at Hawaiian, said the short flights, which make up half the airline’s routes, aren’t all that easy to operate. “Our geographic location certainly does give us an advantage, as well as our short-haul routes, ” Vo said. “However, the short-haul routes are the hardest to keep punctual, because the hops are very short, with brief ground time between flights, so any delay is difficult to make up.
2. The third gunman, Amedy Coulibaly, who stormed a kosher supermarket on Friday,never left for such training, said Valls.
3. Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge jumps five places to fifth. Not only is it the first time it has broken into the top five, but it is also the first occasion that LBS is not the top-placed UK school in the MBA ranking.
4. X-Men: Apocalypse is said to hit theatres on May 27, 2016.
5. He said his talks with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry earlier this week indicated that the U.S. is ready to move toward "settling issues that can only be settled through joint efforts."
6. Her mother Stephanie Boyden, 32, says Bobbi is a 'diva' who runs to the stage when her name is called - and screams when she has to leave.
1. Job-searching employees often send these subtle signals without expecting their managers to notice, Kay says. But they do。
At the start of the year, the ruling Communist party set a target of 6 per cent growth in trade for this year but total trade has now fallen by just over 8 per cent in the first ten months of 2015 compared with the same period a year earlier.
Although Facebook is blocked in China, Tencent has linked WeChat to Facebook, which means that users outside of China can use the service in conjunction with the world's most popular social network. That is a boon for WeChat in Southeast Asian countries like Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines, which have large numbers of Facebook users. Tencent has offered WeChat in languages for all three markets.