2. White people’s officially privileged status waned over the latter half of the 20th century with the demise of discriminatory practices in, say, university admissions. But rising wages, an expanding social safety net and new educational opportunities helped offset that. Most white adults were wealthier and more successful than their parents, and confident that their children would do better still.
3. Together, the world’s 10 highest-paid actresses tallied a combined $205 million between June 1, 2015 and June 1, 2016, before management fees and taxes, Forbes said.
4. adj. 浓缩的；扼要的 vt. 浓缩（condense
5. May happiness follow you wherever you go!愿您幸福快乐，直到永远永远。
6. He had been stranded for five hours by the time help arrived.